Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winning them over!

Today's job was at another NEW location, in the heart of this beautiful city! I looked to my right and this is what I saw! Gotta LOVE it!
This elderly residential care facility did not offer any visitor parking so I had two choices. Find parking on the street or pay for parking. Thankfully, we left with plenty of extra time and I found parking on the street!! YEA!! So we had to CLIMB up the street, oh well! It was FREE!! hahaha. I took this photo below. Our car is parked waaaaaaaaaay down the hill next to the intersection.
We entered about 20 minutes early but they were ready and waiting for us! There were about 12 individuals sitting in a circle. I introduced Gabby, she performed her few tricks then I picked her up so they could see her face to face. Two men in particular waved me on, uninterested in Gabby. I am always surprised when this happens. I guess there are people who just don't like dogs! Weird eh? We made our rounds a few times, talking to each individually.

Then, it happened.....as I was talking to a lady and she was hugging Gabby pretty close, one of the men who waved Gabby on earlier, reached out and touched her! I pretended like I did not see this. He continued to touch her! I turned and he pet her a few more times, then was done. It was soooo cute! He was able to witness the love she was giving everyone and wanted some of that!! hahahha. Soon, after that, the second man, reached out to Gabby as we were making our rounds and wanted to touch her too! It was GREAT! We WON THEM OVER!!

My favorite part is when Gabby can relax, and with me holding her upside down and she nestles right up under the person's chin! One lady sang a little song to Gabby while this was happening about a mother holding her baby. It was adorable!

We stayed for about an hour, then they needed to get ready for lunch.

Our next visit isn't until February 11. We'll return to another elderly residential care facility that we've been to before. It'll be interesting to see if they remember Gabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment