Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Much Love to Give

Gabby went to an all Asian retirement home today. One out of 30 people in the room could understand English. Everyone talked to Gabby in their native tongue. Gabby did not mind, she understood perfectly the affection they were giving!
Again upon getting ready, she did her 'Happy Feet' dance and barked at me! Amazing! She LOVES to go on these trips! I am so happy that she enjoys it so much.
They love to take pictures of Gabby being loved by the residents. A few of them wanted to hold her in their lap so I set Gabby in and she snuggled right up! It was adorable. The sheer delight of everyone was exciting to say the least!
The lady that could speak English explained to me that she had a dog all of her life and loves dogs so much. She was the happiest to spend time with Gabby.
After our last visit at a hospital, I was leaning more to request this type of environment but after today, I am still undecided. There are so many people out there that benefit from the love dogs give, it is difficult to decided on one particular environment still.
I was pleased with my driving skills today too! Thank God for my iPhone! Love that!!! I always feel so proud after accomplishing the hunt to locate a new place! I had to pay for parking - $3.00 for an hour - Grrrr - don't like doing that! I drove all around trying to find something on the street and NOTHING! Oh well, it was worth it!
Because we'll be heading out of town and the holidays, we are finished with our first quarter! Our next visits will be in January. Until then, Gabby will just have to give all of her love to US!

No comments:

Post a Comment